Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Unraveled


Unraveled,
These threads that held
The fabric of our lives
Woven together for a time
In the brightest colors,
The sweetest fibers.

Oh, how you smelled of summer
Freshest corn
Crimson tomatoes
Chlorine drenched skin
Before the scorching heat of August.

You said you’d never leave me
Alone,
In the garden, where nothing grows,
And now it is true, I suppose,
For though you have left me,
I am not completely alone.

I bask in the most lush,
Magnificent field of wild flowers,
A soft smile slowly rising,
On salty lips wet from weeping,
Observing a new life all around.

Drying these final tears
For us, my love,
The time has come to forgive,
Embrace the sad child back into your heart,
And take him home, now.

I will always wish that,
The sun guides your steps,
The moon holds your dreams
And with that,
I’ll forever give you my best,
Unraveled.

© June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment